Going to the Chapel.......

Good morning Dad!  I know it has been a long, long, time since I posted.  I can see you rolling your eyes trying very hard not to say anything.  I can admit that I've been avoiding our talks because I've been in the mood lately to not feel anything at all.

But a sweet young lady reminded me that I have this blog, and I felt a pull at my heartstrings to come visit and get you up-to-speed on what is going on in our lives.

The sweet young lady is Amanda.  And I am extremely happy to tell you that John-Paul and Amanda are getting married.   The wedding is in November, in Austin.  I have googled the chapel and it is a beautiful, small chapel on the side of hill.  I know it is just the kind of romantic place you would appreciate.  I have also googled the reception and it is at an adorable, downtown Austin restaurant that looks so cool and probably full of people much younger than me on a regular night.  I am so out of the 'scene'.

Aunt Beverly is going to meet me in Austin so John-Paul's Lokey side can be well represented.  I am nervous about going, mostly because I am such an outsider when it comes to JP's life.  I'm sure all of the other people there know JP and Amanda well.  I regret that I can't say that.  But I am honored that the couple invited me.  I plan to just blend in as well as possible and enjoy watching two people in love commit to take care of one another for the rest of their lives.

I have three wedding gifts for the couple.  Two of them you inspired.  I offered to start them a set of Christmas dishes.  I absolutely cherish the set you completed for me.  Remember, it started with me just needing some good bowls for your traditional Christmas gumbo?  I guess this was probably the Christmas after Christian was born since that is the first time I hosted Christmas at my house.  I love my dishes.  So many great meals served with them.

I am also giving them a copy of your recording of "Sunrise, Sunset" from my wedding.  Do you remember recording it at the machine in the Galleria?  I know that took a lot of your time and energy.  Thank you so much for doing it for me.  Honestly, I don't remember it being played on my wedding day because that is such a blur.  But I have listened since and it is beautiful.  Can't wait to pass it on.

And lastly, I have made the couple a quilt.  Now JP told me to make it the colors of their alma mater, which are gold and maroon.  But I couldn't find any beautiful fabrics in that combination so I made them a quilt that has some of those colors but many many more.  The pattern is called Hugs and Kisses.  It has X's and O's in it.  I just love a project, I know I got that from you.

Well, Dad, I have to get started with this day.  It feels so good to talk to you.  I love you, I miss you and  we'll talk again soon.

hugs,
Your Rainbow

No comments: