One of your best qualities....

You were mentioned the other day in a conversation between my father-in-law, his mother, and I think one of the kids was standing there in the kitchen with us too. We were talking about how generally healthy I am and the kids are and counting our blessings. I mentioned that except for the cancer you and MawMaw were extememly strong people. BV, (my father-in-law) said he remembered the day you came to Clayton's 5th Birthday party in 2001. That would have been in November, only a month before you passed away. He said he remembered how you came and visited with everyone and never let on how much pain you were in or how hard that trip must have been. He admired you for that and I think it has helped him see how strong I can be too. I didn't realize the sacrifice you made that day until you were so sick only a few weeks later. I didn't know until this conversation with BV that anyone else had noticed your bravery or selflessness either. After you were gone I wondered if you knew how happy we were to have you there that day. And I need you to know now what it meant to us, even my inlaws. So I just wanted to say thank you for coming to that birthday party. Thank you for making that huge effort. Thank you for teaching me to be a strong person.

No comments: